Hey Compliance Warriors!
On November 22, 2021, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division announced a final rule that increases the hourly minimum wage for certain federal contractors to $15 effective January 30, 2022.
Executive Order 14026 implements new requirements, including:
- Increasing the hourly minimum wage for certain federal contractors to $15 beginning January 30, 2022.
- Continues to index the minimum wage to an inflation measure in future years.
- Eliminates the tipped minimum wage for federal contractors by 2024.
- Ensures a $15 minimum wage for workers with disabilities performing work on or in connection with covered contracts.
- Restores minimum wage protections to outfitters and guides operating on federal lands.
The final rule becomes effective on January 30, 2022.
Please visit www.dol.gov/agencies/
This rule increases federal contracting economy and efficiency by boosting worker productivity, reducing turnover and absenteeism, and decreasing training/
Log in or Register to save this content for later.