This presentation will provide an overview of Colorado’s new statewide paid family and medical leave insurance program, which takes partial effect January 1, 2023. Topics covered include:
- Who is covered
- The amount of paid leave available
- How to calculate and pay premiums
- The option to participate in private plans versus the state’s program
- The program’s interaction with other leave programs (e.g., HFWA, FMLA, paid time-off, short- and long-term disability, etc.)
- Requirements and deadlines under the program, including those regarding notice to the state and to employees
In addition, we will discuss related regulations and guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, providing further clarity regarding the program and what action employers need to take to comply. The presentation will also identify steps employers should consider taking now before the FAMLI program takes effect.
About the Series
Littler’s Denver attorneys and guest speakers provide a quick, 30-minute update covering issues Colorado employers face every day. Each session will include discussions on labor and employment trends, legal updates and compliance strategies. We will wrap up each webinar with a 15-minute Q&A session.
Lisa Smith, SPHR, SCP
Here is what all you will get:
- Boss Calls™ – Access to EVERY Boss Call™ – Past & Future.
- HelpDesk for HR VAULT – Access to all 8 of our proprietary tools and applications to make your workday simple.
- Forms, Docs, Policies and Procedures Library – 700+ samples you can download and edit to fit your needs.
- U.S. ePoster Club – Download state, city, and local posters. Both required & recommended, for all 50 states & D.C.
- Same-day email support – Write to our team of SPHR and SCP professionals with all your HR questions.
Log in or Register to save this content for later.