NAMPA, ID – A federal investigation has recovered $88,185 in back wages and liquidated damages for 90 caregivers employed by an Idaho home care agency whose pay practices denied the workers their legally earned wages, including overtime.
US Department of Labor recovers $102K in tips, back wages, liquidated damages for Maine restaurant workers denied overtime, tips
MANCHESTER, NH – The U.S. Department of Labor has recovered $51,217 in restored tips and back wages and an equal amount in liquidated damages from the operator of three Cumberland County, Maine, restaurants that denied 25 workers their full overtime wages or kept portions of their earned tips illegally.
Court orders Mesa Air Group to change company policy to make sure flight attendants, pilots can exercise rights to family, medical leave
PHOENIX – A federal court has ordered Arizona-based Mesa Air Group – operating regional flights for American and United airlines as Mesa Airlines – to follow federal law and correct the company’s pay policy that prevented flight attendants and pilots from exercising their rights to take time off from work for qualifying reasons under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Part-owner of Pittsburgh assisted living provider that denied wages, intimidated workers pays $1M in back wages, damages after federal investigation, litigation
PITTSBURGH – The part-owner and operator of a Pittsburgh-area assisted living provider has paid more than $1 million in back wages and liquidated damages to 47 workers after a U.S. Department of Labor investigation found their pay practices denied the workers their rightfully earned wages.
Lisa Smith, SPHR, SCP
Become a HelpDeskforHR.com Member and get a $110 Discount!
Pay Just $689 annually (reg. $799 annually)
USE COUPON CODE: HD4HR689
Here is what all you will get:
- Boss Calls™ – Access to EVERY Boss Call™ – Past & Future.
- HelpDesk for HR VAULT – Access to all 8 of our proprietary tools and applications to make your workday simple.
- Forms, Docs, Policies and Procedures Library – 700+ samples you can download and edit to fit your needs.
- U.S. ePoster Club – Download state, city, and local posters. Both required & recommended, for all 50 states & D.C.
- Same-day email support – Write to our team of SPHR and SCP professionals with all your HR questions.