Effective February 6, 2024
Starting February 6, 2024, a new directive in Texas will forbid employers from implementing or enforcing any policy that makes COVID-19 vaccination a prerequisite for employment. This rule applies to both current employees and potential hires. Moreover, employers are not allowed to take negative actions against individuals who choose not to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
However, there is an exception to this rule for specific healthcare facilities and providers. These employers are permitted to create a “reasonable policy” concerning employees who are not vaccinated against COVID-19. This policy should be based on the level of risk unvaccinated individuals might pose to patients.
This regulation was formalized when TX SB 7 was signed into law by the governor on November 10, 2023.
Lisa Smith, SPHR, SCP
Here is what all you will get:
- Boss Calls™ – Access to EVERY Boss Call™ – Past & Future.
- HelpDesk for HR VAULT – Access to all 8 of our proprietary tools and applications to make your workday simple.
- Forms, Docs, Policies and Procedures Library – 700+ samples you can download and edit to fit your needs.
- U.S. ePoster Club – Download state, city, and local posters. Both required & recommended, for all 50 states & D.C.
- Same-day email support – Write to our team of SPHR and SCP professionals with all your HR questions.